Also see our Disclaimer, General Conditions, Copyright © 2002.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES ST IVES SHOPPING VILLAGE COLLECT?
- Personal Information you provide voluntarily
We collect information that you provide directly to us when you:
- sign up to be a member of our database;
- register or fill in forms on the Site, social media, WiFi and other online services;
- access and use our website or WiFi services, or interact with us via social media or digital media;
- purchase, redeem or are provided with gift cards or otherwise transact with us;
- participate in online surveys, promotions or competitions and register for or use any of our Services;
- send emails, letters or other correspondence to us;
- report an incident, make a complaint or provide other feedback to us; and
- attend the Centre and car-park under video and camera surveillance.
This includes the following information:
- personally identifiable information (“PII“), such as your name, street address, phone number, or email address, which we require to enrol you on our database and communicate with you;
- a photograph or video surveillance recording of you, your car and your licence number if you are physically present in the Centre or the car-park;
- details of your interests and shopping preferences and activity;
- details of incidents involving you at the Centre, enquiry/complaint details and records of communications; and
- device identification information (including device identifiers, usage and location data) when you use a computer, mobile phone, smart phone, tablet, or other device to access our WiFi services; This may include information about the different areas of the Centre that you have visited and your present location within the Centre.
- Website Browsing Information
When you visit our Site, we may also collect the following personal information for statistical and security purposes:
- the user’s IP (Internet Protocol) address;
- the date and time of your visit to the Site;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- the type of browser and operating system used;
- the state or country from which you access the Site;
- name of your Internet service provider;
- web pages from which you link to our Site or go to from our Site;
- the web pages within our Site you view when visiting our Site; and
- geolocation if you access our Site via a mobile device. You will have the option to turn off geolocation on your mobile device, but certain features in our mobile apps may not then work properly for you. As part of website browsing tracking processes described above, we use third-party technology, namely Google Analytics. We do not knowingly provide Google with any PII as part of using Google Analytics. Further information about the Google Analytics privacy principles can be found at http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Please note that our Internet Service Provider who hosts our web site on their computers may also collect information for analysis, research and auditing, and also backs up files for security. Please note, that this policy does not apply to the practices of companies we do not own or control.
- Information Provided About You From Social Media Sources
Your participation in social media and social networking sites like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter may lead us to receive certain additional personal information about you through third parties, including publicly accessible social media posts and any personal information you allow us to collect by linking your account on our website with a third-party social-networking site including but not limited to Facebook, and Instagram.
See Social Media/Third Party Services section below for more information.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. For example, if you personalize a web page, or navigate within a site, a cookie helps the site to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. Hence, this simplifies the process of delivering relevant content and eases site navigation by providing and saving your preferences and login information as well as providing personalized functionality.
The type of information that may be stored in a cookie includes non-PII about you. Some examples may include a randomly assigned user or session identification number, the country where you are located, and your first name to welcome you back to the site. We reserve the right to share aggregated site statistics with third parties, but will not allow other companies to place cookies on our Site unless there is a temporary, overriding customer value (such as merging into our Site another site that relies on third-party cookies).
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings, then be aware that this may affect the functionality of our Site.
WHY DOES ST IVES SHOPPING VILLAGE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
We use the personal information described above to provide you with a superior shopping experience and, as necessary, to administer our business. We may use and disclose personal information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- to provide goods or services, including gift cards, that you order from us;
- to conduct competitions or promotions for which you have registered, including to contact competition winners, and to inform customers about events, activities and promotions, both in the Centre and as part of our other activities;
- to communicate with you about special offers, events, new products or services, or surveys. We will provide a simple means by which you may easily request not to receive such communications;
- to meet our legal and regulatory obligations, including responding to lawful information requests from courts, government agencies and lawyers and to protect our lawful interests;
- to manage the security of the Centre, including, where necessary, to provide to law enforcement and government bodies, our staff and subcontractors, third parties who provide us with services from time to time, insurers and retailers for those purposes;
- to measure and analyse car parking dwell times and shopper behaviour in order to improve the Centre, for the purposes of managing car parking at the Centre, marketing purposes and also to assist customers to locate their cars including via online and mobile applications;
- to help us improve the structure, layout and usability of our Site and mobile applications and to enable you to participate in any interactive features of the Site and mobile applications;
- to help us plan, operate and manage our Centre, including planning, product and service development, security, testing, customer relationship management and record management;
- to answer any questions that you may raise or respond to any comments you may send us;
- to conduct research and perform analysis in order to measure, maintain, protect, develop, and improve our Services;
- to market and promote the Centre, and any of the tenants of the Centre, including by using your image in promotions featured in our Village magazine or social media accounts, where you have signed a consent form and agreed to have your image included in print or social media. We may also send marketing or promotional materials to you where you subscribe to one of our newsletters or any other communication service, you request information about our services, you use our WiFi or mobile applications or you provide your contact details to us and request that we contact you;
- where you make any publicly available social media posts, to repurpose on any of our social media accounts. In such circumstances, your original post will be credited; and
- to serve advertisements to you on the Site which are tailored to your interests based on information we receive about you as set forth above, including tracking your activities while you use our Site. We also use third parties to serve you interest-based advertising, and our Site is coded to respond to and track instructions from web browsers.
WITH WHOM DOES ST IVES SHOPPING VILLAGE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION AND WHY?
Except as otherwise described below, we will not share your PII with others.
- With your Consent: We may share or disclose your PII with third parties with your express consent. Should an event arise which we deem appropriate to obtain your express consent, we will contact you directly using the contact information we have on file for you. It is important that you maintain all your information with us current and accurate.
- Service Providers: St Ives Shopping Village, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions (e.g. mailing campaigns to customers, maintaining databases, processing payments, and processing purchases). When we employ the services of another company to perform a function of this nature, we will provide them with the information they need to perform their specific function(s) and require them to use it only for the limited purpose of providing the services contracted by us.
- Business Transfers: In the event we sell or transfer our business or assets, including as part of any bankruptcy, our databases may be transferred to the new owner/successor.
- Legal Compliance: We may disclose your PII if we are required to comply with a law, regulation or legal request such as a subpoena from a court; to protect the safety of any of our Site users, any person or the general public; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect our rights or property.
- Non-Personal Aggregate Data: We may provide aggregated anonymous information concerning member usage of our Site to third parties for any purpose not prohibited by law.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED THROUGH INTEGRATION WITH SOCIAL MEDIA/THIRD PARTY SERVICES?
- We cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public on social media sites. Also, we cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these areas. To request removal of your personal information from any blog or community forum we may offer, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND WEBSITES
St Ives Shopping Village processes personal data in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles, and follows generally accepted industry standards to maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures.
To ensure that records containing personal information are protected, we do not store such information on the Site, but send it directly to St Ives Shopping Village servers located in Australia. Access to information is restricted to St Ives Shopping Village staff only. When the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected it, is deleted. Please note that any information that we have copied may remain in back-up storage for some period of time after your deletion request. This may be the case even though no information about your account remains in our active user databases.
Please note that some data may be further retained if necessary to resolve disputes, enforce Terms of Service and comply with technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of Services.
You have the right to access, review, update or correct your personal information in St Ives Shopping Village’s possession. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of personal data at all times, and to request that your personal data are being deleted.
We will need sufficient information from you to establish your identity and to verify your access request, and also to assist us in handling your request.
If you make a complaint, we will review the details of the complaint within a reasonable time. We may contact you in the event that we require further information about the complaint. We will then make a decision within a reasonable time. In the event that you are not satisfied with the outcome of the decision, you may further raise this with us or alternatively contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
ST IVES SHOPPING VILLAGE GIFT CARD – TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2014
Redeemable at participating St Ives Shopping Village retailers via eftpos. Retail stores may elect not to accept the St Ives Shopping Village Gift Card at their discretion. The St Ives Shopping Village Gift Card is non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Gift Card balance expires 12 months from date of issue. Treat this Gift Card like cash. Lost or stolen cards will not be replaced or returned. St Ives Shopping Village accepts no responsibility for the loss, theft or destruction of the Gift Card. It is up to the cardholder to use the full value within the validity period. Any unused balance will not be refunded or credited when the Gift Card expires. No change will be given. For enquiries regarding your St Ives Shopping Village Gift Card and further information on the Terms and Conditions, please call 1300 554 268.