Who says dessert comes last? Begin your flavour journey by creating a classic tiramisu that hails from the Mediterranean shores of Italy. This coffee flavoured dessert packs a punch of sweetness that’s balanced by bitterness and we’re guessing every guest at your table will love it.
600ml double cream
100g golden caster sugar
2 tbsp instant coffee powder
300g pack Italian sponge fingers
2 tsp cocoa powder
25g dark chocolate
- Dissolve coffee in 250ml boiling water, set aside to cool.
- Whisk together double cream, mascarpone, marsala and sugar in a large bowl until combined and mixture resembles thickly whipped cream.
- With a couple of sponge fingers at a time, dip slowly in the coffee, turning over until they are nicely soaked but not soggy.
- Layer half of the soaked fingers in a deep serving dish, spread evenly with half of the cream mixture, and repeat.
- Using a sieve, cover the top of the finished tiramisu with a thin layer of cocoa powder. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight. To serve, cover the top with grated dark chocolate.