We have been notified by NSW Health on Saturday 29th that three persons who attended St Ives Shopping Village on the following dates and times have since tested positive for COVID-19:-
Sunday 23rd August, between 8.30am – 9.00am at Dr Michael Epstein, Epstein Chiropractors, St Ives Shopping Village.
Monday 24th August,between 2:30pm – 3:30pm at Australia Post, Kidstuff, Blue Illusion & Harris Farm Markets, St Ives Shopping Village.
Wednesday 26th August, between 5.30pm – 6.00pm at Woolworths, St Ives Shopping Village.
On Sunday 30th August, we received an additional notification that another case has tested positive for COVID-19:
Friday 28th August, between 1.00pm – 2.00pm at Coles Supermarket, St Ives Shopping Village
On Monday 31st August 2020, we received an additional notification that another case has tested positive for COVID-19:
Tuesday 25th August, between 10-10:15am at St Ives Shopping Village, NSW Health is unable to confirm the exact location this person visited as they are unable to obtain this information.
Friday 28th August, at 3.00pm – 3.15pm at Australia Post, St Ives Shopping Village
The Northern Sydney Public Health Unit has assessed the risk to customers and staff as LOW RISK (casual contacts). Casual Contacts are not required to self-isolate in their homes unless they develop symptoms. Please see attached the casual contact information. https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/factsheets/Factsheets/casual-contacts.pdf.
If you develop ANY symptoms, immediately isolate and get tested for COVID-19.
The following additional cleaning has already taken place at St Ives Shopping Village and will continue until Sunday 6th September 2020:
- An environmental deep clean was conducted overnight on Saturday 29th August 2020 in the Market Room and on all common area high touch surfaces throughout the centre.
- St Ives Shopping Village conducted a nightly environmental deep clean until Sunday 13th September in the Market Room and on all common area high touch surfaces
- Two additional cleaning staff are on rotation as of the morning of Sunday 30th August 2020 until Friday 18th September to continually disinfect all high touch surfaces. Please note that this is in addition to our current extensive cleaning process whereby we apply hospital grade disinfectant to all high touch surfaces on a 2 hour rotation
The following is taking place in the affected retailers:
- Epstein Chiropractors is closed for deep cleaning and will reopen on Monday 7th September at 7am.
- Coles Supermarket will be conducting a full deep clean from 10pm – 7am on Sunday 30th August and will continue to carry out their extensive cleaning process as per their COVID-19 Safety Plan. They have been advised by NSW Health that they may continue to trade and will remain open for their regular trading hours.
- Australia Post were closed on Sunday 30th August and conducted a deep clean
NSW Health has also advised that closure is not required as the Retailers and The Village have appropriate COVID-19 cleaning practices in place, despite this Blue Illusion have decided to close for a deep clean and reopened on Monday 31st August 2020. All major grocery stores are trading as usual, following their COVID-19 Safety Plans.
Please be assured the remaining businesses affected and St Ives Shopping Village will continue to undertake extensive cleaning of their premises as per COVID-19 Safety Plans.
If you have any questions regarding this you may contact NSW Health 9391 9000 or 1800 020 080 and for the latest updates see https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx.
St Ives Shopping Village has also set up a dedicated email address: email@example.com.
The health and wellbeing of our customers and community remains our highest priority. We recommend the wearing of face masks for the safety of our customers and community.
We will continue to use our website, social media and electronic mail to our customer database to provide the community with updates. In order to maintain accuracy and clarity of information we would appreciate that the community refrains from posting non-factual comments in the interest of public safety.
Let’s work together. Stay safe.
St Ives Shopping Village