Coronavirus Information and Advice
St Ives Shopping Village is here to support the community during this time and is operating business as usual. We assure you the wellbeing and safety of our customers, retailers, community and staff is our highest priority.
COVID-19 – update as at 31 August
We have been notified by NSW Health on the morning of Saturday 29th August and Sunday 30th August that persons who attended St Ives Shopping Village on the following dates have since tested positive for COVID-19:
Sunday 23rd August, Monday 24th August, Wednesday 26th and Friday 28th August
On Monday 31st August 2020, we received an additional notification that another case has tested positive for COVID-19:
Tuesday 25th August, between 10.00am – 10:15am at St Ives Shopping Village, NSW Health is unable to confirm the exact location this person visited as they are unable to obtain this information.
Friday 28th August, at 3.00pm – 3.15pm at Australia Post, St Ives Shopping Village
Please click here for further details:
WEARING OF MASKS RECOMMENDED:
Following recent developments in COVID-19 it is strongly recommended that all retailers and customers wear masks when visiting or working at St Ives Shopping Village. Visit the home page for a list of retailers stocking single use and cloth masks.
PROTECTING OUR CUSTOMERS:
All retailers have implemented their COVID-19 Safety Plan to protect the safety of our customers and the broader community.
We continue to take extra precaution within our centre to ensure it is a clean and safe place for you by strengthening our already stringent cleaning process which includes;
- More frequent cleaning rotations each day with hospital-grade disinfectant used on high touch point areas every 2 hours.
- Hand sanitation stations at key points throughout the centre, for the use of our community.
- Increased number of floor decals advising people to socially distance, as well as regular loud speak announcements to promote this message
- Australian Government-issued information posters in our bathrooms and lifts, which outline crucial information on how you can help stop the spread of COVID-19 and advise how many people to occupy the bathrooms and lifts.
We continue to work in close collaboration with our retailers to ensure that we are all doing our part to keep our shared environments clean and safe by;
- Limiting the number of customers inside each store. Our retailers are displaying signs to communicate the maximum number of people allowed in the store at any one time. Please take notice of these before entering a store and re-circulate if required.
- Individual retailers have also implemented their own COVID-19 Safety Plan, which involves providing hand sanitiser at counters and encouraging cash free transactions to minimise exposure. Safety screens have been installed at registers in our supermarkets and at the Concierge Desks.
- Concierge & Security Team wearing high visibility vests to remind customers of social distancing requirements.
- Café’s and restaurants can seat a maximum of 50 patrons at any one time (providing the 4 sqm rule is being followed) and are encouraged to take bookings to manage this process. The number of dining in patrons will vary depending on the individual size of the retailers, so please check with staff or follow signage
- Beauty & Nail Salons and Massage have reopened for trade, with a limit of 10 customers per therapist at any one time. Social distancing of the 4 square metre rule apply and additional health and safety precautions are being taken by individual retailers.
We are closely monitoring public health updates and are prepared to act quickly should advice change.
It goes without saying that our community’s health and wellbeing comes first. We ask for your support in making sure St Ives Shopping Village continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff during these unprecedented times.
We will continue to update our community and your loyalty to our retailers is very much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you at The Village for all your retail and food needs.
Thank you for your support.