We get the inside word from the owners of Diamond Studio Jewellers on how to style and care for your precious gems.
Words: Kristy Barratt
“Our pieces are designed to be worn anytime, anywhere and any place with love,” say George and Katerina Perezous, owners of Diamond Studio Jewellers. With more than 30 years’ experience, second-generation jeweller George also believes “less is more when it comes to jewellery”. Always keen to have their finger on the pulse, the husband-and-wife team has an active online presence for their store as well as an Instagram account where they post daily. A lot of the pieces in store are handmade, too.
“We also import from Italy and have a couple of local suppliers and local designers as well,” says George. “We specialise in custom-made jewellery where we collaborate with our clients and design the piece they desire.”
The store also offers repairs, restorations, redesigns, insurance quotations, restringing of pearls, gift vouchers and even a handy lay-by service. Here’s their expert advice for styling, wearing and caring for your jewels.
Wearing and styling
– Buy pieces you fall in love with and wear them all year.
– Jewellery is about expressing your mood and emotions. Some days, you want to wear bold colours and other days you want to wear more delicate pieces.
– More delicate, dainty and vintage- style jewellery.
– Lots of coloured gemstones like blue topaz, aquamarines and morganites, tourmalines set with diamonds are very popular, too.
– Diamond rings, diamond pendants, Australian South Sea pearls, coloured gemstones and bold gold necklaces – both gold and two-tone.
– The silver Amellee range and Mexican silver range, Ichu.
Cleaning and caring for your jewellery
– We offer our clients complimentary ultrasonic cleaning with our pieces.
– We offer professional polishing and rhodium plating on white-gold jewellery.
Get the look from Diamond Studio Jewellers with these elegant pieces:
Diamond Studio Jewellers, shop 85, Level 1, Phone 9988 3641